Provisioning Profile Expiring

  • I'm getting this warning in my project: "Target Integrity: Provisioning profile is expiring". However, when I look at the Provisioning section of developer.apple.com >
    Member Center > Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles,  the project profile has an expiration date 4 months from now. Should I be looking elsewhere?

    Thanks
  • On 2013 May 13, at 01:23, David Delmonte <ddelmonte...> wrote:

    > I'm getting this warning in my project: "Target Integrity: Provisioning profile is expiring".

    I've found Apple's Developer Technical Support team to be helpful with stuff like this.  They call it "Program Support".

    https://developer.apple.com/contact/submit.php
  • On May 13, 2013, at 10:35 PM, Jerry Krinock <jerry...> wrote:

    >
    > On 2013 May 13, at 01:23, David Delmonte <ddelmonte...> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm getting this warning in my project: "Target Integrity: Provisioning profile is expiring".
    >
    > I've found Apple's Developer Technical Support team to be helpful with stuff like this.  They call it "Program Support".
    >
    > https://developer.apple.com/contact/submit.php
    >

    I've seen this happen when I had old distribution certificates still in the Organizer window or perhaps on my device. In any case, it's just a warning and as long as you can build and run your app on devices and get it to pass the code signing when submitting to the store, you can ignore it.

    Dave
  • Thanks all.. In case this helps others, I found that the problem was that my own developer certificate - and not the app - was expiring.
    It would be nice to have more explicit messages.

    On May 15, 2013, at 4:51 PM, <davelist...> wrote:

    >
    > On May 13, 2013, at 10:35 PM, Jerry Krinock <jerry...> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> On 2013 May 13, at 01:23, David Delmonte <ddelmonte...> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm getting this warning in my project: "Target Integrity: Provisioning profile is expiring".
    >>
    >> I've found Apple's Developer Technical Support team to be helpful with stuff like this.  They call it "Program Support".
    >>
    >> https://developer.apple.com/contact/submit.php
    >>
    >
    >
    > I've seen this happen when I had old distribution certificates still in the Organizer window or perhaps on my device. In any case, it's just a warning and as long as you can build and run your app on devices and get it to pass the code signing when submitting to the store, you can ignore it.
    >
    > Dave
    >
  • On May 15, 2013, at 10:26 AM, David Delmonte wrote:

    > Thanks all.. In case this helps others, I found that the problem was that my own developer certificate - and not the app - was expiring.
    > It would be nice to have more explicit messages.

    On iOS, this is a constant frustration.  Just letting you know that if you release any apps (like in the Enterprise) signed with a provisioning profile, then release more signed with the same profile, In 1 year from the creation of the profile, all your users of the apps signed with that profile will get the message that the profile is expiring.  This message does not tell the user which app(s) will be affected and will raise support issues within large companies.

    Similar issues will happen with your dev profiles as well.

    Bearing in mind how you distribute your apps, just remember to name your provisioning profiles wisely and to add to the fun, just remember that your distribution certificate(s) can expire too.

    It's a never ending joy and as you mentioned, the messages and error messages can be very vague when one of these things is reaching their spoilage date.

    Hope this info helps somewhat.

    > On May 15, 2013, at 4:51 PM, <davelist...> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> On May 13, 2013, at 10:35 PM, Jerry Krinock <jerry...> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> On 2013 May 13, at 01:23, David Delmonte <ddelmonte...> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I'm getting this warning in my project: "Target Integrity: Provisioning profile is expiring".
    >>>
    >>> I've found Apple's Developer Technical Support team to be helpful with stuff like this.  They call it "Program Support".
    >>>
    >>> https://developer.apple.com/contact/submit.php
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> I've seen this happen when I had old distribution certificates still in the Organizer window or perhaps on my device. In any case, it's just a warning and as long as you can build and run your app on devices and get it to pass the code signing when submitting to the store, you can ignore it.
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>
    >
    >
    > _______________________________________________
    > Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
    > Xcode-users mailing list      (<Xcode-users...>)
    > Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
    > https://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/xcode-users/<zav...>
    >
    > This email sent to <zav...>
  • Thanks Alex. At least now I am forewarned. I know security is paramount, but there has to be a more user-friendly way.
previous month may 2013 next month
MTWTFSS
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Go to today