Cocoa Code Repository

  • Is there any one good place to get Open-Source Cocoa code?

    I have been trying to find the SaverLab code... and it occured to me that I
    don't know anywhere that just keeps open-source code available... (still
    haven't found the SaverLab code BTW)

    Stepwise etc are for learning/understanding Cocoa, but don't keep code.

    There is heaps of great software that also distibutes the code and I would
    love to be able to look in one place for it (actually if enough people used
    Freshmeat it would be great, but OS X stuff is still growing there ATM)...

    TIA,
    Adam
    _______________________________________________
    cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    Help/Unsubscribe/Archives: http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
  • On 1/22/03 6:27 PM, "Salter, Adam Q" <adam.salter...> wrote:

    > Is there any one good place to get Open-Source Cocoa code?
    >
    > I have been trying to find the SaverLab code... and it occured to me that I
    > don't know anywhere that just keeps open-source code available... (still
    > haven't found the SaverLab code BTW)
    >
    > Stepwise etc are for learning/understanding Cocoa, but don't keep code.
    >
    > There is heaps of great software that also distibutes the code and I would
    > love to be able to look in one place for it (actually if enough people used
    > Freshmeat it would be great, but OS X stuff is still growing there ATM)...
    >
    > TIA,
    > Adam

    http://osx.hyperjeff.net
    _______________________________________________
    cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    Help/Unsubscribe/Archives: http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
  • On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 03:27 PM, Salter, Adam Q wrote:

    > Stepwise etc are for learning/understanding Cocoa, but don't keep code.
    >
    Softrak (http://www.stepwise.com/Softrak) does actually list code.
    Along with released products, there are categories for source code and
    developers are encouraged to put their source packages into their
    listings as well.

    Having said that, it is temporarily off-line.  Scott has been
    attempting to overcome the technical issue involved. It's an IP address
    issue, and could be fairly easily resolved... if Scott had an SVGA
    monitor to connect to the machine.

    If anyone knows *exactly* how to change the IP address of a machine on
    OS X Server 1.2 from the command line, without fail, please contact
    Scott <sanguish at digifix.com>.

    Or if anyone wants to contribute to the "buy Stepwise a monitor" fund,
    please feel free to use PayPal  :-)

    mmalc
    _______________________________________________
    cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    Help/Unsubscribe/Archives: http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
  • Hey guys,

    I think I found where you can configure networks from the command line.
      Check out:

    /var/db/SystemConfiguration/preferences.xml

    I was looking at lookupd for a while and didn't see much there.  There
    may be commands to change the config but this file definitely stores
    it. Not sure if it's a backup of another database but it's one place to
    try. Let me know of it works.

    Gary

    Am Wednesday, 22.01.03 um 22:48 Uhr schrieb mmalcolm crawford:

    > On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 03:27 PM, Salter, Adam Q wrote:
    >
    >> Stepwise etc are for learning/understanding Cocoa, but don't keep
    >> code.
    >>
    > Softrak (http://www.stepwise.com/Softrak) does actually list code.
    > Along with released products, there are categories for source code and
    > developers are encouraged to put their source packages into their
    > listings as well.
    >
    > Having said that, it is temporarily off-line.  Scott has been
    > attempting to overcome the technical issue involved. It's an IP
    > address issue, and could be fairly easily resolved... if Scott had an
    > SVGA monitor to connect to the machine.
    >
    > If anyone knows *exactly* how to change the IP address of a machine on
    > OS X Server 1.2 from the command line, without fail, please contact
    > Scott <sanguish at digifix.com>.
    >
    > Or if anyone wants to contribute to the "buy Stepwise a monitor" fund,
    > please feel free to use PayPal  :-)
    >
    > mmalc
    > _______________________________________________
    > cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    > Help/Unsubscribe/Archives:
    > http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    > Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
    _______________________________________________
    cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    Help/Unsubscribe/Archives: http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
  • On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 03:02 PM, Gary Yuen wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I think I found where you can configure networks from the command
    > line.  Check out:
    >
    > /var/db/SystemConfiguration/preferences.xml
    >
    > I was looking at lookupd for a while and didn't see much there.  There
    > may be commands to change the config but this file definitely stores
    > it. Not sure if it's a backup of another database but it's one place
    > to try. Let me know of it works.
    >
    I don't even think that exists on Mac OS X Server 1.2
    _______________________________________________
    cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    Help/Unsubscribe/Archives: http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
  • Hey Scott,

    Maybe there's an answer within netinfo. If more closely operates with
    NeXT, much of it could be configured with lookupd.  I never used NeXT
    systems but if you look at the man page for lookupd, it seems there's a
    lot of legacy configuration that may still be in OS X Server.

    Gary

    Am Friday, 24.01.03 um 14:53 Uhr schrieb Scott Anguish:

    >
    > On Friday, January 24, 2003, at 03:02 PM, Gary Yuen wrote:
    >> Hey guys,
    >>
    >> I think I found where you can configure networks from the command
    >> line.  Check out:
    >>
    >> /var/db/SystemConfiguration/preferences.xml
    >>
    >> I was looking at lookupd for a while and didn't see much there.
    >> There may be commands to change the config but this file definitely
    >> stores it. Not sure if it's a backup of another database but it's one
    >> place to try. Let me know of it works.
    >>
    > I don't even think that exists on Mac OS X Server 1.2
    _______________________________________________
    cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    Help/Unsubscribe/Archives: http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
  • Networking changes are made via the SystemConfiguration Framework, and
    MoreSCF. There is sample code on Apple's developer pages.

    Dave

    On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Gary Yuen wrote:

    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I think I found where you can configure networks from the command line.
    > Check out:
    >
    > /var/db/SystemConfiguration/preferences.xml
    >
    > I was looking at lookupd for a while and didn't see much there.  There
    > may be commands to change the config but this file definitely stores
    > it. Not sure if it's a backup of another database but it's one place to
    > try. Let me know of it works.
    >
    > Gary
    >
    > Am Wednesday, 22.01.03 um 22:48 Uhr schrieb mmalcolm crawford:
    >
    >> On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 03:27 PM, Salter, Adam Q wrote:
    >>
    >>> Stepwise etc are for learning/understanding Cocoa, but don't keep
    >>> code.
    >>>
    >> Softrak (http://www.stepwise.com/Softrak) does actually list code.
    >> Along with released products, there are categories for source code and
    >> developers are encouraged to put their source packages into their
    >> listings as well.
    >>
    >> Having said that, it is temporarily off-line.  Scott has been
    >> attempting to overcome the technical issue involved. It's an IP
    >> address issue, and could be fairly easily resolved... if Scott had an
    >> SVGA monitor to connect to the machine.
    >>
    >> If anyone knows *exactly* how to change the IP address of a machine on
    >> OS X Server 1.2 from the command line, without fail, please contact
    >> Scott <sanguish at digifix.com>.
    >>
    >> Or if anyone wants to contribute to the "buy Stepwise a monitor" fund,
    >> please feel free to use PayPal  :-)
    >>
    >> mmalc
    >> _______________________________________________
    >> cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    >> Help/Unsubscribe/Archives:
    >> http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    >> Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
    > _______________________________________________
    > cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    > Help/Unsubscribe/Archives: http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    > Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
    _______________________________________________
    cocoa-dev mailing list | <cocoa-dev...>
    Help/Unsubscribe/Archives: http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/cocoa-dev
    Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
previous month january 2003 next month
MTWTFSS
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Go to today