Wanted: new owner for Mac apps

  • These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs

    They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.

    This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.

    If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.

    For the curious, I'm giving them away because

    -Steven
  • Alternatively, anyone and everyone is welcome to fork these apps, or
    do whatever you want with them. I'm releasing all of that repo under
    the MIT license. Give them away for free, sell them, whatever, I don't
    care.

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    > These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >
    > They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    > Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    > per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >
    > This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    > the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    > it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >
    > If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    > know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >
    > For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >
    > -Steven
  • Also, I've just updated the README to include all sorts of pertinent
    information. Please consult it for important details on each app.

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    > Alternatively, anyone and everyone is welcome to fork these apps, or
    > do whatever you want with them. I'm releasing all of that repo under
    > the MIT license. Give them away for free, sell them, whatever, I don't
    > care.
    >
    > On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >> These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >>
    >> They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    >> Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    >> per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >>
    >> This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    >> the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    >> it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >>
    >> If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    >> know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >>
    >> For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >>
    >> -Steven
  • On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >
    > These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >
    > (...)
    >
    > For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >

    I think something got cut off here...?

    -Tom
  • Ok.

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Tom von Schwerdtner <tomvons...> wrote:
    > On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >>
    >> These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >>
    >> (...)
    >>
    >> For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >>
    >
    > I think something got cut off here...?
    >
    > -Tom
  • Hmmm. Wonder how long they'll last. Can you do me a bit of research. See if you can find reviews on these. The read me in the link has their names. See what people think of em.

    Sent from my iPhone

    On May 7, 2013, at 6:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:

    > These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >
    > They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    > Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    > per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >
    > This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    > the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    > it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >
    > If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    > know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >
    > For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >
    > -Steven
  • Few updates:

    1. I'm leaving the repo up for a little while so people can fork it.
    Anyone who wants to learn how a 5-year Cocoa dev does things, can just
    browse the source code, and maybe learn a thing or two.

    2. I was mistaken on their income, it's more like $20 a month (with no
    marketing), if that. Sorry for the misinformation.

    3. Several people have claimed an app or two, and they plan to put it
    in the App Store. So if you're one of them, just check to make sure
    it's not in the App Store first. If there's nothing there with the
    same name, then you're good to go.

    4. Found some stray reviews from a few months ago. Put them in the
    README for easy finding.

    5. Trying to figure out how to take apps down from the Mac App Store,
    once they're down I'll ping the final pong to this list.

    -Steven

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    > Also, I've just updated the README to include all sorts of pertinent
    > information. Please consult it for important details on each app.
    >
    > On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >> Alternatively, anyone and everyone is welcome to fork these apps, or
    >> do whatever you want with them. I'm releasing all of that repo under
    >> the MIT license. Give them away for free, sell them, whatever, I don't
    >> care.
    >>
    >> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >>> These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >>>
    >>> They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    >>> Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    >>> per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >>>
    >>> This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    >>> the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    >>> it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >>>
    >>> If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    >>> know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >>>
    >>> For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >>>
    >>> -Steven
  • I'll spare your partner the effort. This is the exhaustive list:

    - http://www.macworld.com/article/1142376/docks2.html
    - http://www.addictivetips.com/mac-os/get-email-alerts-mac-menu-bar-shortcuts
    -for-multiple-gmail-accounts/

    - https://twitter.com/unclebobmartin/status/309712348044730368
    - https://twitter.com/trptcolin/status/309324069134794755
    - Plus the App Store reviews that I put in the readme file

    -Steven

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Scott Andrew
    <scottandrew...> wrote:
    > Hmmm. Wonder how long they'll last. Can you do me a bit of research. See if you can find reviews on these. The read me in the link has their names. See what people think of em.
    >
    > Sent from my iPhone
    >
    > On May 7, 2013, at 6:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >
    >> These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >>
    >> They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    >> Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    >> per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >>
    >> This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    >> the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    >> it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >>
    >> If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    >> know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >>
    >> For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >>
    >> -Steven
  • Also, sorry about the unfinished sentence at the end, it happened because

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    > These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >
    > They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    > Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    > per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >
    > This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    > the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    > it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >
    > If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    > know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >
    > For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >
    > -Steven
  • Okay, the apps are removed from the App Store. Have at it.

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    > Also, sorry about the unfinished sentence at the end, it happened because
    >
    > On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >> These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >>
    >> They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    >> Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    >> per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >>
    >> This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    >> the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    >> it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >>
    >> If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    >> know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >>
    >> For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >>
    >> -Steven
  • I really have no idea how many people have claimed what. They're open
    source and MIT, so if you want to take any, just fork it.

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Danny W. Pimienta
    <danny...> wrote:
    > Any of the apps left unclaimed? I'm not at a computer at the moment but would like to take one.
    >
    > Sent from my iPhone
    >
    > On May 7, 2013, at 9:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >
    >> These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >>
    >> They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    >> Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    >> per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >>
    >> This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    >> the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    >> it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >>
    >> If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    >> know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >>
    >> For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >>
    >> -Steven
    >>
  • Update:

    The original repo has been deleted.

    Take a look at one of these forks, in order of most-recently-forked
    (and therefore most up-to-date):

    https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs
    https://github.com/nivekkagicom/grs
    https://github.com/cpowers/grs
    https://github.com/pariahware/grs
    https://github.com/jinie/grs
    https://github.com/ddelmonte/grs
    https://github.com/shaz/grs
    https://github.com/iainx/grs

    Goodness knows how long any of these people will keep their forks
    before they each decide to delete their own fork.

    If none of them exist by the time you read this, well then sorry. At
    least you'll have learned sooner than later that permanence is an
    illusion.

    -Steven

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    > These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >
    > They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    > Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    > per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >
    > This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    > the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    > it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >
    > If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    > know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >
    > For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >
    > -Steven
  • One more thing:

    If you end up doing something cool with any of these apps, please let
    me know. I'm kinda nerdy so I like hearing about that kinda stuff.

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    > These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >
    > They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    > Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    > per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >
    > This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    > the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    > it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >
    > If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    > know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >
    > For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >
    > -Steven
  • It's funny how when you say "in order of" but omit the direction,
    people have different assumptions:
    https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs/network/members

    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    > Update:
    >
    > The original repo has been deleted.
    >
    > Take a look at one of these forks, in order of most-recently-forked
    > (and therefore most up-to-date):
    >
    > https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs
    > https://github.com/nivekkagicom/grs
    > https://github.com/cpowers/grs
    > https://github.com/pariahware/grs
    > https://github.com/jinie/grs
    > https://github.com/ddelmonte/grs
    > https://github.com/shaz/grs
    > https://github.com/iainx/grs
    >
    > Goodness knows how long any of these people will keep their forks
    > before they each decide to delete their own fork.
    >
    > If none of them exist by the time you read this, well then sorry. At
    > least you'll have learned sooner than later that permanence is an
    > illusion.
    >
    > -Steven
    >
    > On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >> These ones: https://github.com/sdegutis/grs
    >>
    >> They're a lovely little set of Mac apps. Most of them are on the App
    >> Store, and with absolutely no marketing they've been making about $42
    >> per month. I'm sure with marketing they'll do much better.
    >>
    >> This repo also includes AppGrid, which had a huge cult following for
    >> the 20 people I've given away free licenses to. They all highly prefer
    >> it over Divvy/SizeUp/etc. But again, haven't done marketing.
    >>
    >> If anyone's interested in taking any or all these apps, just let me
    >> know. I'll take them off the store and you can put them up.
    >>
    >> For the curious, I'm giving them away because
    >>
    >> -Steven
  • On May 8, 2013, at 1:14 AM, Steven Degutis wrote:

    > It's funny how when you say "in order of" but omit the direction,
    > people have different assumptions:
    > https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs/network/members
    >
    > On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >> Update:
    >>
    >> The original repo has been deleted.
    >>
    >> Take a look at one of these forks, in order of most-recently-forked
    >> (and therefore most up-to-date):
    >>
    >> https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs
    >> https://github.com/nivekkagicom/grs
    >> https://github.com/cpowers/grs
    >> https://github.com/pariahware/grs
    >> https://github.com/jinie/grs
    >> https://github.com/ddelmonte/grs
    >> https://github.com/shaz/grs
    >> https://github.com/iainx/grs
    >>
    >> Goodness knows how long any of these people will keep their forks
    >> before they each decide to delete their own fork.
    >>
    >> If none of them exist by the time you read this, well then sorry. At
    >> least you'll have learned sooner than later that permanence is an
    >> illusion.
    >>
    >> -Steven

    <sarcasm>Thank you for teaching us so much.</sarcasm>  That's a rather snippy comment to send off to the list.
  • Snippy? I'm having a hard time figuring out which part could be snippy.

    The part about the different interpretations of the sort order of the
    list of forks? I just found it a neat observation and wanted to share.

    The part about people deleting their own forks? Just wanted to warn
    people that they might want to fork one sooner than later.

    The part about permanence being an illusion? Maybe a bit melancholy,
    but certainly not snippy.

    -Steven

    On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Alex Zavatone <zav...> wrote:
    >
    > On May 8, 2013, at 1:14 AM, Steven Degutis wrote:
    >
    >> It's funny how when you say "in order of" but omit the direction,
    >> people have different assumptions:
    >> https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs/network/members
    >>
    >> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >>> Update:
    >>>
    >>> The original repo has been deleted.
    >>>
    >>> Take a look at one of these forks, in order of most-recently-forked
    >>> (and therefore most up-to-date):
    >>>
    >>> https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs
    >>> https://github.com/nivekkagicom/grs
    >>> https://github.com/cpowers/grs
    >>> https://github.com/pariahware/grs
    >>> https://github.com/jinie/grs
    >>> https://github.com/ddelmonte/grs
    >>> https://github.com/shaz/grs
    >>> https://github.com/iainx/grs
    >>>
    >>> Goodness knows how long any of these people will keep their forks
    >>> before they each decide to delete their own fork.
    >>>
    >>> If none of them exist by the time you read this, well then sorry. At
    >>> least you'll have learned sooner than later that permanence is an
    >>> illusion.
    >>>
    >>> -Steven
    >
    > <sarcasm>Thank you for teaching us so much.</sarcasm>  That's a rather snippy comment to send off to the list.
    >
    >
  • This:

    If none of them exist by the time you read this, well then sorry. At
    least you'll have learned sooner than later that permanence is an
    illusion.

    -Steven

    On May 8, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Steven Degutis wrote:

    > Snippy? I'm having a hard time figuring out which part could be snippy.
    >
    > The part about the different interpretations of the sort order of the
    > list of forks? I just found it a neat observation and wanted to share.
    >
    > The part about people deleting their own forks? Just wanted to warn
    > people that they might want to fork one sooner than later.
    >
    > The part about permanence being an illusion? Maybe a bit melancholy,
    > but certainly not snippy.
    >
    > -Steven
    >
    > On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Alex Zavatone <zav...> wrote:
    >>
    >> On May 8, 2013, at 1:14 AM, Steven Degutis wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's funny how when you say "in order of" but omit the direction,
    >>> people have different assumptions:
    >>> https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs/network/members
    >>>
    >>> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...> wrote:
    >>>> Update:
    >>>>
    >>>> The original repo has been deleted.
    >>>>
    >>>> Take a look at one of these forks, in order of most-recently-forked
    >>>> (and therefore most up-to-date):
    >>>>
    >>>> https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs
    >>>> https://github.com/nivekkagicom/grs
    >>>> https://github.com/cpowers/grs
    >>>> https://github.com/pariahware/grs
    >>>> https://github.com/jinie/grs
    >>>> https://github.com/ddelmonte/grs
    >>>> https://github.com/shaz/grs
    >>>> https://github.com/iainx/grs
    >>>>
    >>>> Goodness knows how long any of these people will keep their forks
    >>>> before they each decide to delete their own fork.
    >>>>
    >>>> If none of them exist by the time you read this, well then sorry. At
    >>>> least you'll have learned sooner than later that permanence is an
    >>>> illusion.
    >>>>
    >>>> -Steven
    >>
    >> <sarcasm>Thank you for teaching us so much.</sarcasm>  That's a rather snippy comment to send off to the list.
    >>
    >>
  • Steve's entire thread was about giving away his source code -- he even
    keeps us up to date as it starts to leave his hands ... and you read
    "snippy" into that last comment? ... and then decide to publicly call him
    out on it?

    I really don't understand how you got "snippy" out of that comment but your
    patronizing jab

          <sarcasm>Thank you for teaching us so much.</sarcasm>

    was actually much more irritating than the previous 14 posts.... COMBINED.

    And I find it ironic that you, Alex, actually took the time to bemoan
    someone ELSE on this list -- over a whimsical comment that you seem to have
    taken out of context.

    If it isn't apparent, Steve. I think some folks appreciated the gesture
    (myself included). Hopefully it doesn't format my hard drive!

    -Luther

    On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Alex Zavatone <zav...> wrote:

    > This:
    >
    > If none of them exist by the time you read this, well then sorry. At
    > least you'll have learned sooner than later that permanence is an
    > illusion.
    >
    > -Steven
    >
    > On May 8, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Steven Degutis wrote:
    >
    >> Snippy? I'm having a hard time figuring out which part could be snippy.
    >>
    >> The part about the different interpretations of the sort order of the
    >> list of forks? I just found it a neat observation and wanted to share.
    >>
    >> The part about people deleting their own forks? Just wanted to warn
    >> people that they might want to fork one sooner than later.
    >>
    >> The part about permanence being an illusion? Maybe a bit melancholy,
    >> but certainly not snippy.
    >>
    >> -Steven
    >>
    >> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Alex Zavatone <zav...> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> On May 8, 2013, at 1:14 AM, Steven Degutis wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> It's funny how when you say "in order of" but omit the direction,
    >>>> people have different assumptions:
    >>>> https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs/network/members
    >>>>
    >>>> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis...>
    > wrote:
    >>>>> Update:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> The original repo has been deleted.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Take a look at one of these forks, in order of most-recently-forked
    >>>>> (and therefore most up-to-date):
    >>>>>
    >>>>> https://github.com/biohazardffm/grs
    >>>>> https://github.com/nivekkagicom/grs
    >>>>> https://github.com/cpowers/grs
    >>>>> https://github.com/pariahware/grs
    >>>>> https://github.com/jinie/grs
    >>>>> https://github.com/ddelmonte/grs
    >>>>> https://github.com/shaz/grs
    >>>>> https://github.com/iainx/grs
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Goodness knows how long any of these people will keep their forks
    >>>>> before they each decide to delete their own fork.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> If none of them exist by the time you read this, well then sorry. At
    >>>>> least you'll have learned sooner than later that permanence is an
    >>>>> illusion.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> -Steven
    >>>
    >>> <sarcasm>Thank you for teaching us so much.</sarcasm>  That's a rather
    > snippy comment to send off to the list.
    >>>
    >>>

    >
  • On May 8, 2013, at 8:17 PM, Luther Baker wrote:

    > Steve's entire thread was about giving away his source code -- he even keeps us up to date as it starts to leave his hands ... and you read "snippy" into that last comment? ... and then decide to publicly call him out on it?

    Yes.

    Because I read it as it appeared he was giving away his code, then the repository was pulled down, someone complained and he said something to the effect of "now you have learned that nothing's permanent."

    Considering that he announced giving away the code just a few days ago and pulled the repo already, that part came across as snippy.
  • Alex, does this mean you aren't gonna buy me a PaintCode license out
    of gratitude? Dang. :(

    On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Alex Zavatone <zav...> wrote:
    >
    > On May 8, 2013, at 8:17 PM, Luther Baker wrote:
    >
    >> Steve's entire thread was about giving away his source code -- he even keeps us up to date as it starts to leave his hands ... and you read "snippy" into that last comment? ... and then decide to publicly call him out on it?
    >
    > Yes.
    >
    > Because I read it as it appeared he was giving away his code, then the repository was pulled down, someone complained and he said something to the effect of "now you have learned that nothing's permanent."
    >
    > Considering that he announced giving away the code just a few days ago and pulled the repo already, that part came across as snippy.
    >
    >
  • On May 8, 2013, at 7:25 PM, Alex Zavatone <zav...> wrote:

    > On May 8, 2013, at 8:17 PM, Luther Baker wrote:
    >
    >> Steve's entire thread was about giving away his source code -- he even keeps us up to date as it starts to leave his hands ... and you read "snippy" into that last comment? ... and then decide to publicly call him out on it?
    >
    > Yes.
    >
    > Because I read it as it appeared he was giving away his code, then the repository was pulled down, someone complained and he said something to the effect of "now you have learned that nothing's permanent."
    >
    > Considering that he announced giving away the code just a few days ago and pulled the repo already, that part came across as snippy.

    Is this really necessary?

    Charles
  • Alex, I think my favorite part of your response is that, what I said
    wasn't something to be vaguely recalled, a lost moment enveloped in a
    foggy memory, a fragment of a conversation hopelessly swallowed by the
    past. There was no reason to settle for remembering "something to the
    effect of" it.

    On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM, Charles Srstka <cocoadev...> wrote:
    > On May 8, 2013, at 7:25 PM, Alex Zavatone <zav...> wrote:
    >
    >> On May 8, 2013, at 8:17 PM, Luther Baker wrote:
    >>
    >>> Steve's entire thread was about giving away his source code -- he even keeps us up to date as it starts to leave his hands ... and you read "snippy" into that last comment? ... and then decide to publicly call him out on it?
    >>
    >> Yes.
    >>
    >> Because I read it as it appeared he was giving away his code, then the repository was pulled down, someone complained and he said something to the effect of "now you have learned that nothing's permanent."
    >>
    >> Considering that he announced giving away the code just a few days ago and pulled the repo already, that part came across as snippy.
    >
    > Is this really necessary?
    >
    > Charles
previous month may 2013 next month
MTWTFSS
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Go to today