resolve alias on ios 4

  • Hi,

    how to resolve alias on ios 4 or earlier? This is unusual one has not got
    neither CoreServices nor bookmarks .

    --
    best regards
    Ariel
  • How are you coming across an alias on iOS 4?

    On 14 Jun 2012, at 05:00, Ariel Feinerman wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > how to resolve alias on ios 4 or earlier? This is unusual one has not got
    > neither CoreServices nor bookmarks .
    >
    > --
    > best regards
    > Ariel
  • On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Mike Abdullah <cocoadev...>wrote:

    >
    > On 15 Jun 2012, at 03:51, Ariel Feinerman wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Mike Abdullah <cocoadev...>wrote:
    >
    >> How are you coming across an alias on iOS 4?
    >>
    >>
    > Create on the Mac OS X to use in the  archive or in simulator to test
    >
    >
    > OK, but what are you hoping it will resolve to? iOS is a different machine
    > and operating system, so where are you expecting to resolve the alias to?
    >
    >
    Because the OS X does not easily allow to create the links in UI then I use
    aliases to make the catalogues to use on the iOS

    for instance

    /version -> /version4

    --
    best regards
    Ariel
  • Le 18 juin 2012 à 12:05, Ariel Feinerman a écrit :

    > On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Mike Abdullah <cocoadev...>wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> On 15 Jun 2012, at 03:51, Ariel Feinerman wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Mike Abdullah <cocoadev...>wrote:
    >>
    >>> How are you coming across an alias on iOS 4?
    >>>
    >>>
    >> Create on the Mac OS X to use in the  archive or in simulator to test
    >>
    >>
    >> OK, but what are you hoping it will resolve to? iOS is a different machine
    >> and operating system, so where are you expecting to resolve the alias to?
    >>
    >>
    > Because the OS X does not easily allow to create the links in UI then I use
    > aliases to make the catalogues to use on the iOS
    >
    > for instance
    >
    > /version -> /version4
    >

    > best regards
    > Ariel

    Don't use alias.
    Use symlink.
    They are far simpler, properly supports relative links, and are implemented in the libSystem, so can be used on iOS.

    -- Jean-Daniel
previous month june 2012 next month
MTWTFSS
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30  
Go to today