Render an animation in a bitmap file (CARenderer)
I'd like to render a CALayer animation in a series of bitmap files
rather that in an NSView.
I've succeeded in rendering 1 frame in a bitmap file by :
- creating a NSOpenGLContext
- creating a CARenderer (named renderer)
- calling the following code:
[renderer beginFrameAtTime:0.0 timeStamp:NULL];
[renderer addUpdateRect:CGRectMake(0.0, 0.0, _width, _height)];
- saving the content of the context in a bitmap file
Now I'd like to do the same thing for each frame of an animation. But
I have absolutely no idea on how to do this...
- at what point in the code should I add the animation to the layer?
- I've tried different values for the first argument of
beginFrameAtTime:timeStamp:, but only the 1st frame is rendered?
- why does [renderer nextFrameTime] always return "inf"?