How to get x-coordinate?

  • Dear all,
      I want convert x-coordinate value in cell to absolute x-coordinate in window.Waiting for you help.Thanks a lot.
  • > I want convert x-coordinate value in cell to absolute x-coordinate
    > in window.Waiting for you help.Thanks a lot.

      You really need to start searching the documentation before
    posting. Your question can be answered *without* waiting for our help
    by doing so:

    http://developer.apple.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?q=coordinates&site=(cocoa)

      The very first document in the search results (searching for
    "coordinates") is titled "Converting Coordinates in the View
    Hierarchy". The documentation is the first place you should look, not
    the list.

    --
    I.S.
  • Am 15.11.2007 um 03:41 schrieb shengjun_guan (ºÞÁn«T):
    > Dear all,
    > I want convert x-coordinate value in cell to absolute x-coordinate
    > in window.Waiting for you help.Thanks a lot.

      You already posted that question, and already got an answer. Why ask
    if you're not reading our replies???

    Cheers,
    -- M. Uli Kusterer
    "The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
    http://www.zathras.de
  • To be fair, I've been looking for very similar information recently,
    and I didn't find it through lots of searching. I didn't think to try
    the word "coordinate."

    Thank God for this list—I've been trying to write my own version of
    convertPoint:toView: and it's not easy. (It seems straightforward,
    but flipped views screw everything up.) This is going to save me a
    lot of time. Thanks Cocoa-dev!

    On Nov 15, 2007, at 3:50 AM, I. Savant wrote:

    >> I want convert x-coordinate value in cell to absolute x-
    >> coordinate in window.Waiting for you help.Thanks a lot.
    >
    > You really need to start searching the documentation before
    > posting. Your question can be answered *without* waiting for our
    > help by doing so:
    >
    > http://developer.apple.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?q=coordinates&site=
    > (cocoa)
    >
    > The very first document in the search results (searching for
    > "coordinates") is titled "Converting Coordinates in the View
    > Hierarchy". The documentation is the first place you should look,
    > not the list.
    >
    > --
    > I.S.
  • On 11/15/07, John Stiles <JStiles...> wrote:
    > To be fair, I've been looking for very similar information recently,
    > and I didn't find it through lots of searching. I didn't think to try
    > the word "coordinate."
    >
    > Thank God for this list—I've been trying to write my own version of
    > convertPoint:toView: and it's not easy. (It seems straightforward,
    > but flipped views screw everything up.) This is going to save me a
    > lot of time. Thanks Cocoa-dev!

    Review the AppKit release notes for Leopard as well. It contains
    information on some new API related to this.

    -Shawn
  • On Nov 15, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Shawn Erickson wrote:

    > On 11/15/07, John Stiles <JStiles...> wrote:
    >> To be fair, I've been looking for very similar information recently,
    >> and I didn't find it through lots of searching. I didn't think to try
    >> the word "coordinate."
    >>
    >> Thank God for this list—I've been trying to write my own version of
    >> convertPoint:toView: and it's not easy. (It seems straightforward,
    >> but flipped views screw everything up.) This is going to save me a
    >> lot of time. Thanks Cocoa-dev!
    >
    > Review the AppKit release notes for Leopard as well. It contains
    > information on some new API related to this.

    Actually, I abandoned this approach because it was giving me
    incorrect results—even worse than my homebrew algorithm. :(

    I'm back to analyzing my homebrew approach and I think I've got it
    mostly nailed. I had to boil it down to a simple test app first; that
    really cuts down on the iteration time.
  • On 11/15/07, John Stiles <JStiles...> wrote:

    > Actually, I abandoned this approach because it was giving me
    > incorrect results—even worse than my homebrew algorithm. :(
    >
    > I'm back to analyzing my homebrew approach and I think I've got it
    > mostly nailed. I had to boil it down to a simple test app first; that
    > really cuts down on the iteration time.

    It works and works well but it is easy to use the API incorrectly
    (screw up which coordinate spaces you are going between, etc.). I
    encourage you to figure out how you may be using the API incorrectly.

    -Shawn
previous month november 2007 next month
MTWTFSS
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30    
Go to today