Integration Automator Action into project

  • Hello:

    I'm developing several Automator Actions.  I'm creating each action
    by creating a new project and selecting a Cocoa-based Automator
    Action.  This is working out OK for me right now.

    What I want to know, what is the best way to integrate these
    Automator actions into my main application in Xcode, so they will be
    stored in MyApp.app/Contents/Library/Automator?

    Regards,

    Chad
  • 1. Link the xcode project files of the Automator actions in your
    app's project file (you may want to create a group for them).
    2. Add a new Copy Files build phase to your app's target, Destination
    = Wrapper, Path =  Contents/Library/Automator.
    3. Drag the products from the linked xcode projects to this target.
    4. (optional but advisable) add those products as direct dependencies
    to your app's target.

    Christiaan

    On 15 May 2007, at 2:57 PM, Chad Armstrong wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > I'm developing several Automator Actions.  I'm creating each action
    > by creating a new project and selecting a Cocoa-based Automator
    > Action.  This is working out OK for me right now.
    >
    > What I want to know, what is the best way to integrate these
    > Automator actions into my main application in Xcode, so they will
    > be stored in MyApp.app/Contents/Library/Automator?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Chad
  • Hello:

    I seem to be missing something.  What needs to be added in Step 1?
    I've tried adding just the compiled Action, the entire project, and
    just the .xcodeproject file, and I've encountered problems with each
    step.

    If I just add the compiled Actions to my project, they appear as
    folders in Xcode, but I can't copy the files over to the Copy Files
    build step.  Yet, I can copy single files (such as plist or image
    files) with no problems.

    If I add the ENTIRE Automator project, I get compilation errors in
    the main project.

    Regards,

    Chad

    On May 15, 2007, at 8:13 AM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

    > 1. Link the xcode project files of the Automator actions in your
    > app's project file (you may want to create a group for them).
    > 2. Add a new Copy Files build phase to your app's target,
    > Destination = Wrapper, Path =  Contents/Library/Automator.
    > 3. Drag the products from the linked xcode projects to this target.
    > 4. (optional but advisable) add those products as direct
    > dependencies to your app's target.
    >
    > Christiaan
    >
    > On 15 May 2007, at 2:57 PM, Chad Armstrong wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I'm developing several Automator Actions.  I'm creating each
    >> action by creating a new project and selecting a Cocoa-based
    >> Automator Action.  This is working out OK for me right now.
    >>
    >> What I want to know, what is the best way to integrate these
    >> Automator actions into my main application in Xcode, so they will
    >> be stored in MyApp.app/Contents/Library/Automator?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Chad
    >
    >
  • In step 1 you just add the .xcodeproject to the project. This gives a
    "folder" in the groups&files pane, inside of which you see the build
    product (the action). In step 3 you drag that action from the
    groups&files pane to the Copy Files build phase.

    Christiaan

    On 29 May 2007, at 6:03 AM, Chad Armstrong wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > I seem to be missing something.  What needs to be added in Step 1?
    > I've tried adding just the compiled Action, the entire project, and
    > just the .xcodeproject file, and I've encountered problems with
    > each step.
    >
    > If I just add the compiled Actions to my project, they appear as
    > folders in Xcode, but I can't copy the files over to the Copy Files
    > build step.  Yet, I can copy single files (such as plist or image
    > files) with no problems.
    >
    > If I add the ENTIRE Automator project, I get compilation errors in
    > the main project.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Chad
    >
    > On May 15, 2007, at 8:13 AM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:
    >
    >> 1. Link the xcode project files of the Automator actions in your
    >> app's project file (you may want to create a group for them).
    >> 2. Add a new Copy Files build phase to your app's target,
    >> Destination = Wrapper, Path =  Contents/Library/Automator.
    >> 3. Drag the products from the linked xcode projects to this target.
    >> 4. (optional but advisable) add those products as direct
    >> dependencies to your app's target.
    >>
    >> Christiaan
    >>
    >> On 15 May 2007, at 2:57 PM, Chad Armstrong wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> I'm developing several Automator Actions.  I'm creating each
    >>> action by creating a new project and selecting a Cocoa-based
    >>> Automator Action.  This is working out OK for me right now.
    >>>
    >>> What I want to know, what is the best way to integrate these
    >>> Automator actions into my main application in Xcode, so they will
    >>> be stored in MyApp.app/Contents/Library/Automator?
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Chad
    >>
    >>
    >
previous month may 2007 next month
MTWTFSS
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      
Go to today