Sheets questions

  • Hello all,

    This may sound stupid but I can't figure why sheets in one of my
    applications slides down and the other has a 3D rolling over look.
    Any hints why that is happening?

    Regards,
    David
  • Two reasons come to mind for me:
    - metal or unified toolbar look in source window
    - sheet is wider than window

    On Oct 12, 2006, at 1:56 PM, David Aames wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > This may sound stupid but I can't figure why sheets in one of my
    > applications slides down and the other has a 3D rolling over look.
    > Any hints why that is happening?
    >
    > Regards,
    > David
    > _______________________________________________
    > Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
    > Cocoa-dev mailing list      (<Cocoa-dev...>)
    > Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
    > http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/jstiles%
    > 40blizzard.com
    >
    > This email sent to <jstiles...>
  • Okay... after settings the look to unified it gets the 3D look but
    then because i'm using it for my preferences window I don't want it
    to be unified (Mail.app doens't have a unified pref window but has
    the 3D look). They are probably using some private APIs.

    Regards,
    David

    On 12 Oct 2006, at 22:05, John Stiles wrote:

    > Two reasons come to mind for me:
    > - metal or unified toolbar look in source window
    > - sheet is wider than window
    >
    >
    >
    > On Oct 12, 2006, at 1:56 PM, David Aames wrote:
    >
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> This may sound stupid but I can't figure why sheets in one of my
    >> applications slides down and the other has a 3D rolling over look.
    >> Any hints why that is happening?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> David
    >> _______________________________________________
    >> Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
    >> Cocoa-dev mailing list      (<Cocoa-dev...>)
    >> Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
    >> http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/jstiles%
    >> 40blizzard.com
    >>
    >> This email sent to <jstiles...>
    >
  • On Oct 12, 2006, at 2:15 PM, David Aames wrote:

    > Okay... after settings the look to unified it gets the 3D look but
    > then because i'm using it for my preferences window I don't want it
    > to be unified (Mail.app doens't have a unified pref window but has
    > the 3D look). They are probably using some private APIs.
    >
    > Regards,
    > David
    >
    > On 12 Oct 2006, at 22:05, John Stiles wrote:
    >
    >> Two reasons come to mind for me:
    >> - metal or unified toolbar look in source window
    >> - sheet is wider than window

    You should have read John's post a little more carefully.
    Mail isn't using any private APIs.

    If you go to your Accounts preferences and click on "Server
    Settings..." for your SMTP server, you'll see a sheet that slides
    down, which is the "normal" behavior for a non-unified window.

    If you go to your Junk preferences and click on "Advanced...", you'll
    see a sheet that does the 3D pop-down thing. This is because the sheet
    is (slightly) wider than the window.

    -> jp
  • More to the point, why would anyone working on Mail bother with
    private APIs just to get sheets to pop out in a 3D way or not? That
    just seems wrong on its face. If you let the system handle it for
    you, you get the correct Mac-like behavior in all cases.

    On Oct 12, 2006, at 2:58 PM, Jim Puls wrote:

    > On Oct 12, 2006, at 2:15 PM, David Aames wrote:
    >
    >> Okay... after settings the look to unified it gets the 3D look but
    >> then because i'm using it for my preferences window I don't want
    >> it to be unified (Mail.app doens't have a unified pref window but
    >> has the 3D look). They are probably using some private APIs.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> David
    >>
    >> On 12 Oct 2006, at 22:05, John Stiles wrote:
    >>
    >>> Two reasons come to mind for me:
    >>> - metal or unified toolbar look in source window
    >>> - sheet is wider than window
    >
    > You should have read John's post a little more carefully.
    > Mail isn't using any private APIs.
    >
    > If you go to your Accounts preferences and click on "Server
    > Settings..." for your SMTP server, you'll see a sheet that slides
    > down, which is the "normal" behavior for a non-unified window.
    >
    > If you go to your Junk preferences and click on "Advanced...",
    > you'll see a sheet that does the 3D pop-down thing. This is because
    > the sheet is (slightly) wider than the window.
    >
    > -> jp _______________________________________________
    > Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
    > Cocoa-dev mailing list      (<Cocoa-dev...>)
    > Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
    > http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/jstiles%
    > 40blizzard.com
    >
    > This email sent to <jstiles...>
previous month october 2006 next month
MTWTFSS
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          
Go to today